ReVenture Park’s core mission is to promote the Clean Energy Economy through environmental stewardship and environmentally responsible waste management practices. We are a Wildlife and Industry Together (WAIT) certified site as recognized by the NC Wildlife Federation. Over a third of our site is dedicated to habitat preservation, stream restoration, and wildlife enhancement. We are proud to have an abundant wildlife community at ReVenture Park, from Bald Eagles to wild turkeys. We are also home to the only know nesting pair of American Kestrels in Mecklenburg County.
Environmental Stewardship Commitments include:
- Expedited cleanup of the site and removal from the Federal Superfund Program in 2012
- Creation of a nearly 200 acre conservation easement
- Donation of land for use as a connector for the Carolina Thread Trail
- Multiple habitat enhancement projects and education opportunities
- WAIT certification received from the NC Wildlife Federation in 2011.