ReVenture Park’s core mission is to promote the Clean Energy Economy through environmental stewardship and environmentally responsible waste management practices. Our commitment to supporting clean energy while protecting the environment has been developed from public comments heard during dozens of community meetings, meeting with local and regional environmental groups, and the exhaustive vetting of the project by the ReVenture Advisory Council (RAC) and Waste Management Advisory Board (WBAB) of Mecklenburg County.
Environmental Stewardship Commitments include:
- Expedited cleanup of the site and removal from the Federal Superfund Program.
- Creation of a nearly 200 acre conservation easement
- Donation of land for use as a connector for the Carolina Thread Trail
- Multiple habitat enhancement projects and education opportunities
- Partnering to create a new K-20 Learning World